Template

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Good food, Good company

Earlier this summer I was talking to Brian about wanting to have the people from work over for a BBQ. 
We started talking about it earlier this summer and finally after working through schedules we settled on the 30th of July.  At the time it felt like it would take forever to get here and now it's time!

Menu included:  BBQ Ribs, Chicken thighs (on the Green Egg), dill and parmasean red potatoes, strawberry spinach salad, crab and cheese pasta salad, watermelon, fruit and more fruit, fruit dip, fruit pizza, chocolate/peanut butter bars, chocolate chip cookies, rice krispie treats, and freezies (thanks to my children).


Samantha, Hannah, Marlee, Hailey, Sirr, Talon
Missing:  Seth
Loriann snapped this picture of most of the kids while they were waiting for their dinner.  I was so mad after everyone left that I didn't pull my camera out sooner to take pictures of everyone that came.  I think I was sweating too much to worry about anything else.  Poor excuse but it's the best I got.

Before dinner we had the bouncy out - another photo opportunity missed.
After dinner the kids were hot and starting to get antsy so it felt like the perfect time to get out the pool.  The grown ups had made it this long without having soaked children on their laps but it was obvious that that wasn't going to last all night.


Sirr, age 2

Hannah, age 3 (almost 4)       Marlee, age 2 (almost 3)

Hailey, age 1 (almost 2)


Talon, a.k.a. Mr. Karate,   age 4 (almost 5)

Looks like the water was a little cold for Mr. Karate :-)
It was a great day.  The kids played great together and the adults stayed away from talking about work.

Attendees:  Amy, Brian, Hannah, Hailey, Jessica, Sirr, Lori, Nick, Seth, Samantha, Patty, Garry, Linda, T.K, Joanne, Loriann, Talon, and Marlee.  (we missed Jerome and Josh- hopefully they can make it next time) 

1 comment:

Patience said...

What a guest list - all of my favorite peeps! Looks like it was hot. :) I can't believe how old all the kids are getting! I remember when everyone was pregnant!