Template

Wednesday, July 06, 2011

Night = Horrible

You know it's a bad night when Dankie and Dolphie end up on top of the fridge.



Tonight was one of those nights.  From the moment I stepped foot out of the car until the girls finally went to bed there was constant (CONSTANT) crying, whining and talking back.

It started before dinner as the girls cried and begged for chocolate milk and snacks- right before dinner.
When they were told no they lost it.
Then we sat down to eat and neither of the girls would eat - same girls who sat and cried for 30 minutes "I'm so hungry, I can't wait to eat, I need somepin' now!"
Hannah spent most of dinner time in her bedroom in a timeout.
Brian made fish and macaroni and cheese and she wasn't having it.  Or so she thought. 
"If you aren't going to eat, get in your room.  If your not going to stop crying, get in your room."
This went on and on for about 90 minutes.
Both girls lost their snack privileges and Hannah was working on losing Dankie and Dolphie for the night.

I ended up making Hailey a hotdog - since every time the noodles would go in her mouth she would literally gag.  I needed her to eat or she wouldn't sleep tonight.
Hannah finally ate all of her food and you can bet what happened next.

"Mommy, can I have a treat?  I'm so hungry."

Just about lost my mind tonight.

3 comments:

Patience said...

At least the nights of horror come around once in a blue moon... I am just so excited for the upcoming tantrums we will face with Violet! :)

Jennie said...

She did that the other night at your house--didn't touch the food at dinner and the second it was all over and put away she told me she was hungry and figured she needed a snack, lol--awww the eating habits of those little ones.

Kari said...

oh mine are so much worse, and mommy simply doesn't have the patience...