Template

Monday, July 25, 2011

Terrible Twos

I should start by saying that she really isn't terrible.
She can be challenging at times, hence the name Hailey Monster, but it is all in good fun.
Lately she has been throwing temper tantrums.  Today she was drinking a glass of iced tea without a lid on it.  She was stumbling around and while watching her I could see that there was a good chance that the drink was going to end up on the carpet.  I asked her to sit on the step and stay still until her drink was done and she responded with a loud 'No".  We had a little discussion about how she is not going to be walking around so if she won't sit then she needs to give me her drink.  Thsi time the 'No' got louder and was accompanied with a swat.  I wrestled the drink away from her- without spilling a drop I might add- and she was so mad she went storming off.  She was feverishly turning in circles as if she were looking for something she had dropped and then it hit me- we aren't at home so there is no second step to lay on to throw a fit.  She settled on this corner but only after she knocked down those cardboard boxes that were in her way.


This one is going to be trouble....

1 comment:

Patience said...

You have to appreciate the dramatic flare. It goes to show, don't mess with this woman's drink!