Template

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Sugar Bugs


Today was Miss Bean's first trip to the dentist.  Her appt was at Champlin Family Dentist with Dr Bauer.
The assistant that we had was amazing!  She was so good with Hannah, took her time showing her all the tools and explaining to her everything that was going to happen along the way.  When she laid her back and turned on the bright light she even provided sunglasses for Hannah to wear.  I wish I would have taken a picture but my hand was needed with the patient.
Hannah held my hand the whole time and a few moments along the way I could tell that she was really nervous but she never let anyone else see it.  She was a perfect angel.  Sat still and did as she was asked.
The assistant kept talking to Hannah about the Sugar Bugs on her teeth and told her the only way to get rid of them is to brush and floss every day.
After the visit we went to Target and while we were paying for our stuff, Hannah asked me if I would tell the lady what a big girl she was today at the dentist.  So we did and the lady was real excited for her.
We called dad when we got back to the car and was able to share our good news with Kari, Grandma, Grandma, Kas, and Tin later that day!

I should mention that Hailey was a little angel at the dentist also.  She sat perfectly still on my lap and watched every move, "Me!".  Hannah did a great job today showing Hailey that the dentist is fun and there is nothing to be afraid of!

Such a proud mommy today!

3 comments:

Jennie said...

Woo hoo! Good job girls! It makes me remember my days going to the dentist as a kid. Although I didn't get to wear sunglasses, hold my mom's hand, and learn about 'sugar bugs'.

I remember it more like....'screaming in the corner for my mom who was nowhere to be found (obviously out in the lobby with the twins), crying while the nurse told me what a brat I was as she held me in the chair, and then getting a lecture because I had quite a few cavitites...' :-P

loriannlane said...

ummm... I might have goten kicked out of my dentist when I was little and then had to go to a 'special' one. whoops

Patience said...

Not that this story is about this, but I LOVE her hair! So cute! What a proud moment!