Template

Sunday, July 03, 2011

Pine City or Bust!


Hannah:  "Mom, is Daddy going to come to the cabin with us?"
Me:  "I don't think so honey but you can ask him."
Hannah:  "Daddy, you want to come to the cabin with us?  You can bring Nash, and we can bring his food, and we can bring him a blanket, and we can just eat there."

Next thing you know I hear the shower going and Hannah running in to tell me that he said yes!

We packed up and within 30 minutes were on the road.  Pine City or Bust!




It was a gorgeous day.  Not too hot, not too humid.  Not too cold, not too windy.  It was perfect.
Attendees included Grandma Chris, Grandma Bauer, Bob, Benji, Jennie, Kimmy, Joe, Kristin, Brian, Hannah, Hailey, Nash, and me.

We spent most of the day down at the lake. 


Playing in the sand

Swimming in the lake

Chasing sticks in the water


Watching the kids play

As we were sitting at the lake I was looking around thinking of how different everything looks now compared to how it looked when Kari and I were little.  There used to be many more trees on our lot.  There was a tree house and a tire swing.  The beach used to be much more sandy than it is now.  Fewer neighbors.

This guy however, he has been here through it all.  Kind of like a fixture.  When we were younger, that it where we kept life jackets and beach toys.  Not sure what it is in him anymore.





On our way back to the cabin as Jennie and I were carrying the umbrella, we saw this white lady bug hitchin' a ride. 



If you look really close you can see a baby bird chirping in this nest that is on the light above the backdoor.

This was a great day!  One of the best I have had in a long time.
I absolutely loved having my whole family at the cabin, creating memories.
At one point Brian and Hannah were out in the lake swimming and from the shore all I could hear were belly laughs.  Hannah was LOVING every second of sharing this day with her daddy!

Kristin and Jennie took some really cute pictures that I NEED to have.  I should have taken more but it was one of those times that being in the moment was better than sitting behind my lens while everyone else enjoyed it.

3 comments:

Kari said...

This is a really great post, and makes me all fuzzy inside knowing that soon we will be up there too. I hope the water stays a bit nice and doesn't get too green, but oh well! We'll take what we can get! And I hope Brian comes up one weekend. It would be nice to spend time with him (and Nashie) too.

Jennie said...

SUCH a great day!!!! Can't wait to have more with everybody very shortly!!!!!!

and yes...that green shed. Kinda scares me about what could be lurking inside :-/

Patience said...

I LOVE the picture of Hailey on the blow-up thing! So adorable!