Template

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Like sands in the hourglass


Something is wrong with my phone.
The battery won't hold a charge.  See that?  Up in the corner?  My phone has been unplugged, unused for only a few hours and the battery is already down to 32%!

I never thought I would be so attached and rely so much on my phone.  It is like a permanent fixture in my hands.  Especially since it contains my calendar, my clock, my social life, my reading list, my to do list, my shopping list, my emails (work and personal).....you get the picture.

Well, now that the battery is dying before my eyes I constantly feel this sense of urgency around anything and everything.  I feel like it is a race against time to beat the battery.  I need to assure that I am plugged in and charging at every moment possible. 

I MUST get this fixed.  Not sure my blood pressure can take much more of this!

4 comments:

Jennie said...

I am not a techie, so I could very well be wrong--and maybe you've already thought of this--but you might just need to replace the battery, you can probably buy them for cheap on ebay..

I know how you feel--isn't it weird how 10 years ago it was like 'what's a cell phone?' and now we're practically relient on them for everything!! haha

Kari said...

I thought the same as Jennie - like why in the world would I want to have a cell phone on me where people can reach me at any minute of the day... oh, wait. i still feel that way. but i DO remember thinking, who in their right mind would want a digital camera?

Chris Miller said...

Maybe the fact that your phone is in use 24/7 could be a clue as to why the charge is constantly dwindling....ha ha!

Jennie said...

YES i thought the same thing about digital cameras!!!!!!!!!! And now, I don't know why we messed with that film stuff for so long, lol