Template

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Emerson's Mom

Hannah and I were in the car on the way to gymnastics and I got a phone call.
I answered the phone and my side of the conversation went like this...
Me:  "Hi!  No, it's no problem, I am driving Hannah to gymnastics so I have a few mintues to talk."
from the backseat
Hannah:  "I not Hannah, I Emerson's mom!  Tell her that I Emerson's mom."
Me: "Oh sorry, I am driving Emerson's mom to gymnastics.  Emerson's mom.  Hannah has a baby doll, Emerson, and so    "
Hannah:  "She a baby!  Not a doll.  Tell her Emerson is a baby."

When we got home from gymnastics and as we were jammying up we were talking about her babies.

Me:  "Hannah, why don't we call this one Soda and this one Emerson?"
Hannah:  "No, they both Emerson's."
Me:  "How about we call this one Changing Baby Diaper again so we know who is who?"
Hannah:  "I not Changing Baby Diaper's mom.  I Emerson's mom."

Ok, after we get the babies dressed I would like to take their picture.

Hannah:  (while rocking them in her arms back and forth-the stand up sway that you probably find yourself doing still even though your kids are growing up) "No, not tonight.  Littles (her nickname for them) needs to go to bed.  You can take their picture tomorrow."

I finally convinced her to let me take their picture. 

Hannah:  "Let's take the picture with their mom."  "Sit here Littles.  Now say Cheese and smile."



When I asked how she decided which baby got to wear which outfit her response was this "This baby will wear the monkey one because she loves monkeys.  Whenever we go to the zoo she always tries to get out of the stroller to get the monkeys.  This baby loves the flowers and when we go to the zoo she points to them and says Uhh (kinda grunt-ish).  They love them!  How did you know?"

Hannah:  "How about we do one more with a silly face?  Make silly faces babes!"



Hannah:  "Let me see.  Ooooohhhh, that a good one!"


How could I want to get anything done in this house?!
This is the type of stuff I would miss if I spent my time doing what I should be doing....I have the rest of my life to do that other stuff. 

2 comments:

Chris Miller said...

Love the monkey slippers on....uh...let me guess.....Emerson, maybe?

Is this child going to need some therapy some day? Good thing we will have Kim in the family, ha ha.

Jennie said...

she's hilarious....