Template

Monday, January 31, 2011

Finish Line

Tonight the girls were playing in the hallway.
As we were cleaning up dinner we weren't sure what they were doing but we could here them giggling.

Turn the corner...
"See?  We have a finish line."

They were taking turns running down the hallway to knock down the finish line.


(The first thing I checked was that the scarf wasn't tied tight around the door knobs)

Immediately this reminded me of a time when I was little and we were racing our big wheels down the sidewalk.  We tied one end of a jump rope to the fence and then someone stood across the sidewalk holding on to the other end of the jump rope.
We then would ride our big wheels through the finish line.
The person holding on to the jump rope was suppose to let go once we rode through however the time that I rode through the rope was pulled tight and it clotheslined me.
I had a huge rope burn mark on my neck and I can remember feeling like the wind was knocked from me when I rode into the tightly pulled rope.

Just one of those things you do as a kid that seems so harmless.  Needless to say I was happy to see that this finish line could have been knocked down from the whoosh of Nash's tail.

1 comment:

Jennie said...

:-) That is the cutest smile on Hannah's face.

awww kids, the innocence that can lead to injury. Good thinkin Amy!