Template

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Hold this


I was working at the computer and the girls were downstairs playing.
Hannah needed to go upstairs to tell Brian something.
Hannah:  "Here mom, hold this.  Just like this.  Don't smell it and don't move.  OK?"

She must not trust me too much because after she turned the corner she came back just to check on me.

She has recently told me that she really loves her Dankie and she wants to keep her Dankie forever.
I told her it was fine and she could keep Dankie forever.
Hannah:  "Even when I get bigger, I want him.  I love him so much!"
Me:  "That is fine, Hannah.  You can keep him forever, just remember that    "
Hannah:  (while pointing in my direction) "I know, no bringing to places and no bringing outside."

Conversations like this make me really happy that we never let her bring her Dankie to daycare.  I couldn't imagine how we would be sending her to school in a few years without that thing......I mean without him (sorry Dankie).

3 comments:

Jennie said...

hahaha She did the exact same thing to me at Mom's the other day! "Hold this...just like this." And then informed me that I COULD smell it...if I wanted to. Yeah...i didn't want to. ;-)

Kari said...

The smelling thing is a bit odd... I wish we had a dankie in our house, though!

Patience said...

Mike wishes to say he knows exactly how Hannah feels. He felt the same way when his parents reunited him with his last year.