Template

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Too much Diego?


Hailey was fussing the other night and Hannah, coming to her sister's rescue as she always does, comes running over to see if Hailey has a toy to play with or needs her nuk put back within her reach.
Hailey had her nuk so Hannah asked her if she needed a toy.

"I will get you my field journal, ok?  You can play with it."

Hannah runs into her bedroom and out she comes carrying this thing from her bedroom.   She set it in front of Hailey and told her that this was her field journal and Hailey would have fun playing it.  "See, it plays music too". 

Field journal?!  There is only one possible explanation....Diego.  This girl is addicted to Diego and his animal rescuing. 

Sometimes when moments like this occur I wonder if I let her watch too much TV.  She dosen't watch all that much but I am not going to lie, some nights when she gets home from Jackie's all she wants to do is sit at the computer and watch 'her shows'.  We let her.  Not every night but we let her.

I shouldn't feel bad.  I have a well rounded little girl who is smart, active, has a crazy imagination, can play with others, and play by herself.  Plus, a little TV never hurt anyone :-)

3 comments:

Chris Miller said...

As I was reading, I have to admit I was thinking, "field journal? huh???" That is pretty cute. Leave it to Hannah to shock us again with her smartness!

Jennie said...

HAHAHAHA, a field journal. That's awesome. Nope, I used to get up at the CRACK of dawn and take in all the Saturday morning cartoons I could before the rents awoke, nothin wrong at all :)

Kari said...

i want my own field journal!

and kim, kristin and jennie turned out...fine. and they watched a lot of tv.

...