Template

Sunday, March 14, 2010

63 and sunny


It was 63 degrees outside today. 

This morning when I went to let the dog out I could hear the birds chirping and could smell the air.  You know, that smell of spring. 
The sun was out most of the day today and we even got out for a walk.
First time this year we went outside without a jacket.

I am ready.  I am so ready.
The thought of just going outside without having to buddle everyone up.  Walking to the car without worrying about slipping on the ice. 

I am looking forward to playing outside with the kids and opening the windows.  There comes a time each winter when I think that we should move somewhere warmer.  Why would ANYONE in their right mind live in a frozen tundra like this?  Then the spring comes and I remember....I wouldn't appreciate spring as much if it wasn't rescuing me from winter.

It's funny living in Minnesota at the beginning of spring.  When the temperature starts to hit around 40 degrees people stop wearing jackets, some people actually start to wear shorts.  There will be snow still on the ground but when it hits 50 degrees you will even see kids playing outside without jackets. 

You sort of feel as though you are part of a club,  here in Minnesota during this time of year.  We love to talk about the weather and on days like today I can actually see why.

2 comments:

Amy Elizabeth said...

BTW these flowers were in a vase on Grandma's table....pretty, huh?

Chris Miller said...

I personally have always thought that people bring out the shorts at 30, not 40. Around school as soon as it gets the slightest bit bearable, the kids throw their jackets on the ground. 'Course they are running around working up a sweat, but STILL! Once the snow leaves, it is hard to feel good about wearing a big old coat, mittens, or any of that stuff....I am so happy about spring coming, too, and it's right by your birthday, Amy, so that is cool, too!
I loved how you said it "rescues us from winter"! Nice!