Template

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Just like that


Brian and I have been trying to come up with a way to get Hannah to give up her nuk.

She has never gotten it at daycare.
She only has it at home when she is either taking a nap or going to bed.
She loves this thing.

I didn't want to take it away from her when Hailey was born because I didn't want too many huge changes happening at a time.  I didn't want to take it away a few months ago because she was potty training and I didn't want her to get too frustrated with being expected to do too many 'big girl' things at once.
The other night Brian had asked what my plan was going to be.  I told him that I will start working on it.  I had a few ideas...the Nuk Fairy could come at night, she could use it to 'buy' a toy at the store, I could start cutting it up, I could just take it away-cold turkey.  We had so much success bribing her to use the potty and then using the potty chair for #2 that I thought, couldn't hurt.

I told her a few nights ago that if she could start sleeping without her nuk we could talk about going to the mall to go on some rides and we could bring Jennie, Kimmy, and Kristin with us.  That was it.  That is all that she needed to hear.

"Put my nuk in the drawer mommy, I don't need it.  I want to go to the mall with my girls."

Three days, no nuk.

This girl is making things WAY too easy!

4 comments:

Chris Miller said...

"I want to go to the mall with my girls." That is the cutest one yet! She is so amazing!! What a kid! Three days so far. WOW!!

Karri said...

What a big girl! I hope Haley is as easy!

Karri said...

What a big girl! I hope Haley is as easy!

Kari said...

Good for her! Cute story!