Template

Saturday, March 27, 2010

MOA


Drive from Champlin to Mall of America:  45 minutes
Lunch, Point Pass, snacks, and ice cream:  $43.78
Watching your child's face when they meet their idol:  Truly priceless

I have been meaning to take Hannah to Nickelodeon Universe for a few weeks now.  Ever since she stopped using her nuk at night.  I always want to be sure to celebrate these accomplishments.  I looked online before we left and found out that at 4:00 today Dora and Diego were going to be at the mall for a meet and greet.  We were planning on getting there around 11:00 am today so even though I really wanted to take her to see them, I just wasn't sure whether or not it would work out that way.  So, I didn't mention it.  I kept it in the back of my mind and waited.
We got to the mall, Jennie, Kim, Kristin, and Grandma Chris meet us there.  We ate lunch, went on rides, shopped a little, ate snacks, etc.  Hannah had a great day!  We were getting ready to think about leaving and I asked her if she wanted to go and see if Dora and Diego were here. Of course she said yes, not having any clue what this meant. 
We went back to the park and approached the 'area'.  Sponge Bob was there when we first arrived but it wasn't long until he left and Dora and Diego came out.
WHOA....Hannah almost lost it.  She started yelling 'Hi Dora' and waving.  She then told me that she wants to go and give Dora a hug.  We got into the line and waited for our turn.  Hannah was so antsy and the whole time we waited (which was not long at all) she talked about Dora and Diego and how she wanted to go and see them.  Right before it was our turn I was telling Hannah that it was almost time for us, we were going to turn the corner and see them.  The look on her face will be forever stamped into my brain.  She was so excited.  She clenched her little fists together, had the biggest smile on her face, and started shaking.
Finally it was our turn.  We turned the corner to meet them and just as I thought, she was a little nervous to get down and be on her own.  She was really interested in meeting them but wanted to stay in my arms as she did.  She hugged Dora, kissed Diego while having a starstruck look on her face the whole time.
When our turn was over she wasn't too happy.  Kimmy offered to take her again so back in the line she went.  This time when it was her turn she was actually ok with standing next to them. 
My heart still flutters when I think about what that must have meant to her.  It was so fun watching her experience that.



3 comments:

Kari said...

That is so sweet! Definitely cool to see your cartoon heroes in real life. Now, shouldn't we plan a trip to Disney World - our two families? We want to go next year again, were thinking March but not sure yet...think about it!

Kari said...

Oh, and I'm impressed she got her face painted. My kids are always too scared!

Chris Miller said...

Seeing this in person was so cool! She was in awe and just couldn't hold back when she first saw them. I think she actually "swooned"! Glad I had a chance to be there with you!!