Template

Friday, October 05, 2012

The Night A Monster Was Born

It's starting to get cold out.
I realized this week as I was getting the girls dressed that Hannah doesn't have very many 'warm' clothes that fit her.  So last night I took the girls shopping to get Hannah some clothes.
 
We went to Kohls where Hannah got a new dress, 5 pairs of pants, a new coat, 5 new shirts and a new pair of Justin Beiber jammies.
 
Hailey got a new outfit and new shirt and we tried to find her a new coat.  We didn't have any luck finding a coat at Kohls so we ran over to Old Navy.
 
Within 3 minutes of walking through the front door I turned to see Hannah had already picked out a few things.  "I'm going to buy these things with my own money because I really want them."
When I looked at the prices, I saw that the skirt was on clearance for $4.49 and the dress was on sale for $6- I felt sort of bad but decided this would be a good opportunity for her to buy something for herself with her own money.
 
We approached the cashier and she didn't miss a beat! 
She pulled out a $5 bill and 6 $1 bills, got some change back and skipped her way back to the car.
 
 
"That was fun!"
 
Over the next 24 hours she asked if we could go shopping at least 6 times.
 
I think I may have created a monster....

2 comments:

Jennie said...

yes!!!!

Patience said...

Like mother, like daughter! LOVE that she used her own money!