Template

Saturday, October 06, 2012

Closin' up for the winter

Today was a little sad.
We came to the cabin to winterize and close things up for the season (or at least for now...).
 
It was cold but with help from the two fireplaces we stayed warm enough.
 
Today Brian and Tom took the dock out, got the pontoon out of the water and into the pole barn , winterized the boats and and turned off the water to the cabin.
 
Kimmy came up with us so today we jumped in the leaves, played games, and went for a walk.
 
 
 
Again, Hannah loved the leaves while Hailey loved avoiding them.  She spent most of her day within daddy's reach watching as they worked.  She also spent a little time in the sandbox.
She came running to me from the lake- she was super excited to show me her 'Shobels'.

 

 
I was in the house getting things picked up when Kim and Hannah started raking the leaves.  Kim came running inside "Oh no, Amy!  I lost Hannah- come quick!"
That was code for I didn't really lose her but come and try to find her.
We ran outside and started our search.  When we got closer to the HUGE pile of raked leaves we were suprised when out came Hannah "RRRRR!"

 
LOVE THESE PICTURES!

 
Hannah went in to go to the bathroom.  This was my chance to get her back!
I had Kim bury me in the leaves and soon Hannah came back outside.
Hannah:  "Who's in that pile of leaves?"
Kim: "Nobody."
Hannah:  "Where's my mom?"
Kim:  "She is up at the pole barn with your dad."
 
I heard footsteps running to the pile and then I could tell she was jumping into them.  I reached up and caught her.  She almost pooped herself!  HA! HA!  Gotcha!
 
We tried to get Hailey to come to the leaves, just for a picture, but she wasn't having it.

 
On our walk we found this caterpillar.  Hannah was a HUGE fan!
We brought her back to the cabin and for the next few hours carried her around in a bucket until we set her free on the tree and said goodbye.

 
I think someone had a fun day!

1 comment:

Kari said...

These are such great pictures - I can't believe that just a month ago it looked so so different up there!