Template

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Mommy's little cheerleader


We have had a little bit of rain lately.
Today it decided to appear as though it would be a beautiful day so seemed like the perfect time to run out to get groceries for our Father's Day picnic tomorrow.
Hannah and I went to Cub first for just a few things before we were going to head to Target.
While we were in Cub we started to see people walking around shopping that were soaking wet.  Not cool....

When we paid and got closer to the door we could see that it was pouring.
We stood outside for a few minutes and waited to see if it was going to clear up.
We were anxious to leave so after talking about it, we decided that Hannah would stay with the bags and I would run and get the car.  The minute my feet hit the water Hannah started in "Go Mommy Go!  Go Mommy Go!  You can do it!"
The rest of the customers waiting along side of her couldn't hold back their smiles.

I got the car, pulled up and she hopped in.  We then decided to offer the older lady standing there a ride to her car.  She was very appreciative (and it was a good thing- she couldn't remember where she parked so we were able to drive her around and scope the place out).

That night when it was time for a bath I told the girls to stay outside with dad while I got things ready (the rain had stopped).  I went in the house and filled the tub. I then cracked 15 glo sticks and threw them in the water.  I turned off the lights and pulled the curtain closed.  You could see the glo coming from behind the curtain.
I called the girls in.  They were instructed to get undressed, grab towels and wait by the door.
I opened the door to reveal their GLO STICK BATH!


They LOVED it!

1 comment:

Patience said...

Dude - that is a great idea! We might have to do that for Violet. We may have to wait a bit so that it's actually dark when we give her a glo-stick bath.....but still a fabulous idea!