Template

Saturday, June 09, 2012

Girls Weekend/Date Weekend

Brian and I had tickets for the Twins game today and when I was looking for someone to watch the girls I was not surprised that it wasn't hard to find someone.

Jennie very graciously offered to watch them.  She was willing to come here, have us bring them there, etc.
I knew that the summer would be a little more tricky for sitters on the weekend since we all love to go to the cabin so much however she didn't blink an eye.  "Yep!  Able to watch them."

We decided to see if Jennie would be willing to take the girls to the lake with her .  We debated about driving up Friday night and then in town for the game Sat and then back to the cabin Sat night.  We talked about dropping them off Sat morning and then picking them up Sunday or driving up Sat night ourselves.

We finally settled on sending the girls to the lake with Kim and Jennie and picking them up at Jennie's house on Sunday afternoon.
They were going to have a weekend at the lake with their aunties.

Think they were a little excited?!

Ummm...yes.  I would have to say they were.

Hannah wanted braids today for her speical outing.  Then she wanted a picture because "I look so cute!"


Hailey saw Hannah getting a picture and needed one too.  She stood straight on from the camera and then held up her hand and said 'Wait.  Do the Amy way."  Then she turned sideways and looked over her shoulder.


"The "Amy Way'?!  What on earth does that mean Miss Hailey?"
She responded with "Me, Charlie's mom.  Amy Duncan."
Amy Duncan is a character on her favorite show Good Luck Charlie.  She is very dramatic and is always posing for the cameras, smiling, singing, etc.  Whew- for a minute I thought I was doing something I wasn't aware of.


It was a beautiful day for a game.  Weather was perfect and compnay was fantastic. 
And they won!




I saw on Facebook that Girls Weekend was officially beginning!



Oh man!  I miss my little buddies already.....although I KNOW that they are in great hands and are SUPER excited to be there without mom and dad tagging along.

Me:  "Hailey, you sure you are going to be ok?  Mommy  and daddy are going to sleep at home when you are sleeping at the cabin."
Hailey:  "Yes.  Jennie hold me hand.  No scared."

2 comments:

Patience said...

I have to agree - those are some CUTE girls! I was wondering what the explanation for the Amy way was going to be!

Jennie said...

I too wondered about 'the amy way'--but that totally explains why she was giving us the best poses all weekend haha

They were both SO good and SO brave, loved girl's weekend!! :-)