Template

Saturday, June 02, 2012

31 Things | Day 16 and Day 17


I have never considered myself to really have a style.


I feel like I can adjust my style and feel comfortable wearing any sort of new fashion trend that is out there. Although, this is a good time to tell you that when capris first came out- I thought they were ridiculous and might have even mentioned that I for one would never be wearing those. I ate my words that season.

When I am getting dressed I pick my clothes based on how I am feeling about my body that day. Most days I am feeling chubby and it could take 3-4 outfit changes before I finally settle. I wouldnt say that I am fat but I am not skinny either. I like to think that I am an average size person. I have a horrible body image. I will lecture others on how they should feel better about themselves and tell them they are crazy for thinking what they do about their size and appearance- I never take my own advice. I need to change this- its totally annoying when others act like that. There is more to life than worrying about what size clothes we wear or how many calories we take in. I need to take my own advice.

I think that have a pretty neutral style. Nothing that makes me stand out but nothing that would call attention to me either. I often get compliments on my clothes or outfits. I am not a trend setter. My friends often comment to me that they saw a shirt that was So Amy- there goes my theory about not having a style.

I like love black. I usually choose black when I am shopping and I usually choose black when I am getting dressed in the morning.

I like bold colors- to go with the black. Purples, bright pinks, blues and white.

I dont usually wear pastels and even though I like the color, I dont tend to buy or wear much brown.

If I dont have meetings at work I can wear jeans. Otherwise I am in business casual which typically consists of black or grey dress pants.

I like to wear jeans but I also find that pants in general dont fit my body style very well. I am not a fan of low rise jeans and cannot wait for the midrise or at the waist jeans to come back in style.

I always wear tank tops under my clothes. A stupid habit I started and now feel naked without one.

I dont wear dresses unless I find a cute dress that I can wear with capri leggings. And in my closet today there is only one.

I dont wear skirts. I just dont think that I look good in them.

I dont wear shorts. I feel too fat in them.

I love cardigans. Button up, zip up, fly away. All colors but mostly the black ones.

I love pajama pants and my grey MIM sweatshirt. If its 7:00 pm and I am not already wearing this I am either leaving when the kids go down or not home.

 

No wonder my grandma is so confused.


We were talking the other day about things we watch on television- shows, reality shows, movies, music videos, etc. Grandma, were there any boys like Elvis or the Beatles that you watched when you were younger that your parents didnt want you to watch? She quickly reminded us that back then (1930-40s) she didnt have a television. They had radio when she was older but it was quite a while before they had a TV.

I think often about how older people must be so amazed by the technology these days. Think of how quickly things changed-we grew up with it so it wasnt as big of an adjustment. I cant imagine feeling like my grandmother does. I am in awe just thinking about how cell phones have changed-mainly in size- since we were in high school. Tammy had an old car phone that was in a bag and plugged into the cigarette lighter. That phone was SO cool.

We love technology in our house.

We have four televisions. If we are in the house you can pretty much guarantee that one of these TVs are on.

We have TIVO and a DVR. We record most of the shows that we watch and have more hours recorded then we can keep up on.

We have a computer. We have always had a computer and through the years upgrade as necessary to faster processors and bigger screens. We are PC people and have never owned a Macintosh computer- pretty sure we never will.

We have four laptops. Two of those belong to our personal stash and two of those are laptops that we have for work.

We have too many cameras to count. Digital ones, ones that take film, Polaroids. My favorite would be my Canon Rebel XTi- digital SLR.

We have a video camera. I dont use this enough.

Now comes the stash that Steve Jobs would be so proud of.

We have two iPod Touches-although currently one of them is lost in the house somewhere.

We have two older 3G iPhones that now are used as iPod Touches- although currently one of them is lost in the house somewhere. I think there is a lesson to be learned here.

We have two 4G/S iPhones.

We have four iPod MP3 players. One each that Brian and I keep connected in our vehicle. Hannah has one. I have an older iPod Nano that I now have connected to my Bose radio upstairs- I LOVE that radio.

We have three iPads. With two girls and a mommy that always wanted to be using them, it was a no-brainer.

Its hard to believe that technology could get any more advanced then it is today. I cant even imagine that its possible for things to be better than they are today. Somehow they will be and somehow I imagine my generation will adjust to the advancements better than our grandparents did. No offense grandma.



Day 16 and 17

No comments: