Template

Wednesday, August 03, 2011

Where did I put my_____?!

Thursday, July 21st Kari and the boys came home.
That night I slept at my grandma's so that I would be already in St Paul the next morning when I had to be at work.  I woke up, went downstairs and took a shower.  I went through the usual morning routine getting ready.  When I was done I packed up all my things and headed to work.
Friday night when the girls and I got home I partially unpacked my bag.
Saturday I was getting ready to pack for the cabin and I was trying to pack up my brush and hair products I realized I couldn't find them.  I figured I must have left them at my grandma's and knowing how grandma keeps her house, if those items were left on the counter they are probably long gone by now.  Not thrown away, because grandma doesn't throw away, but placed away.  When I asked around and noone was able to tell me where they last saw my things I decided it was time to probably cut my losses and move on.   It had been about 4 days and nothing had turned up yet. It was driving me crazy and I couldn't help but retrace my steps over and over again in my head.  I could have sworn that I brought that stuff home but now it would belong to the Bauer house. 

Then it hit me, there was one more person that I hadn't checked with.
Me:  "Hannah, do you have any idea where mom's brush is?"
(I was bracing myself and expecting a 5 minute conversation filled with lots of stories about times when she has seen my brush or used it or questions about why I was looking for it, etc- Hannah is not a girl of few words...I guess like her mom, right?!)
Hannah:  (with a huge grin on her face) "Yes, I was playing a trick on you."

Then that little girl walked me to my bedroom, pulled up the pillow behind the closet door in the corner of my bedroom and there were ALL MY THINGS!

Hannah was pretty proud of herself and the trick that she played on mom and mom was pretty happy to get her things back.  I guess I should have made the bed...

1 comment:

Patience said...

Oh, I don't think I would have appreciated that trick!