Template

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

My Big Sisters


Tonight Kari, Jenny and I had dinner at Granite City.
Bree and Alana meet us there too but I didn't feel right posting their picture since I don't really know how they would feel about it.

Jenny lived across the alley from us.  You could get to her house by leaving our yard and then hanging a quick right into the yard across the alley.  Jenny and my sister, Kari were best friends for as long as I can remember.  They went to elementary school, junior high, and high school together and even though I knew they were best friends all those years, I remember very few times that they were actually together playing when they were in elementary school.  I remember a few times (and of course heard through the years about many more times) that my sister would invite Jenny over and then be upset all evening that she 'couldn't' come over.  Kari would have to 'settle' for a book or the other kids in the neighborhood.  That quickly changed the older they got.  As they entered Junior High and High school I can remember these two together ALL THE TIME!

They would spend hours walking up and down the alley, Jenny with her barefeet kicking rocks- those poor heels! :-)   They would spend hours and hours playing music and talking down in Kari's room.  Every once in a while they would go to Jenny's house and every so often they would let me tag along.  They were my big sisters, of course I wanted to always be where they were. 
I was always jealous of their friendship, even though I had plenty of close friends of my own.

When Kari and I lived together on Idaho we saw Jenny a lot!  It was the BEST!
By this time I was 'old enough' that they actually seemed like they liked to have me around.

I love that no matter how long it has been since we saw each other last, we pick up like it was just yesterday.  There's no time wasted with 'why haven't you called me's' or 'you have my email/phone number, etc, why don't you use it's'.  It's just filled with smiles, hugs, and lots and lots of laughter!

Love you two!

2 comments:

Patience said...

Ah, timeless friendships. So rare and quite a treasure to be found!

Kari said...

and jenny really is a great friend i must say!