Template

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

POP goes the party!

I got a text this morning saying "Grandma is having a popcorn party tonight at 7.  Everyone is invited.  Call grandma with questions."  It was a Wednesday, the girls have daycare tomorrow, I have work.  It's hard to do things 'in the cities' on weeknights since that means driving 30-40 minutes in to hangout and then 30-40 minutes home at night.  The kids will sleep in the car on the way home but it's disruptive and when you are a family of a pretty normal and consistent routine, the littlest change to that can be enough to send people into the crankies the next day.
I called grandma to tell her thanks for the invite but we wouldn't be making it and her response to me was "Well, that's ok honey. I know it's hard with the girls.  I just felt I had to do something to celebrate so I decided why not a popcorn party!".  Celebrate?   This is a celebration?  For?
Tunrs out this popcorn party was grandma's version of a bachelorette and bachelor party. 

By the way, my mom and Tom are getting married tomorrow- Congrats you two!

Well, grandma sure out did herself with this one!  There was popcorn, alright- plain popcorn, cheese popcorn, caramel popcorn, puffcorn, flamin' hot puffcorn, popcorn with cashews, popcorn without cashews. 

1 comment:

Jennie said...

Umm...you pretty much "stole" this exact idea for my post. Down to the pictures, the list of types of popcorn and everything haha--darn you for posting it first!! ;-)