Template

Monday, August 29, 2011

Go Green!



Tonight was the Green Gala.
We were instructed to wear green.  Rochelle had CRUG (Central Region User Group) shirts made for us (that we also wore at our CRUG meeting) and then Michelle bought green eyelashes and boas for the gals and a green felt hat and glasses for Ray.
I honestly figured that with 5,000 people attending a user conference, and all 5,000 being instructed to wear green, that we would blend in and probably look (dare I say) 'normal'.
Ummmm, that was not the case.  As we walked into the event we looked around and there were only about 10 people who were wearing something other than a green shirt or a green dress.  A few people had green sashes and one guy sprayed his hair and eyebrows green. 
The whole night people approached us and asked if they could take their picture with us, like we were the event mascots or something.  Kinda ridiculous but I guess I would rather stand out then blend into the crowd.
When the event was over we headed to one of the hotel bars, Fuse.

2 comments:

Jennie said...

much better to stand out

Patience said...

I am leaving for the eCW user's conference in two and a half weeks. I wasn't really sure what to pack, but this post has really given me some great ideas....