Template

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Hats off to a great season!


It's over.
Scotty wins (acceptable choice after Paul and Hailey were voted off)!

I remember 10 years ago when this show first started.  Stacey and Gretchen watched the show and loved it.  We were all at the Busta's for a Idol finale party and as my friends were going crazy over the show, crying, and hanging on to every second waiting for Ryan Seacrest to announce the winner I was giggling on the couch making comments about how I 'just don't get it'.  Really?  You expect me to buy into this?

Gretchen told me over and over that I need to watch from the beginning.  Next season watch it and you will get hooked- it's a great show.  Well, that fall American Idol was getting ready to start and since I had nothing to lose I decided to check it out.

Well, they say a sucker is born everyday and that day that sucker was me.

Now here I am 10 seasons later, hooked.  I love this show.  Every year I watch, I vote, I cry.
I love the idea that these are nobodies.  Well, to be fair, their families wouldn't call them nobodies but to the average person, they are just people too.  I love the opportunity that is available for them with this show.  I love to watch their relationships with each other grow as you can see the connection that the idol contestants have.  What a special bond that they will share forever- I just think it's cool.

Tonight I was the one, on the couch crying (whatever- so I was bawling- don't judge), waiting on every word for Ryan (yeah, we are on a first name basis) to finally announce the winner.

Throughout the whole show Patty, Loriann, and I were texting like little school girls.  I am so glad we don't act our age :-)

When the show was over and I turned off the television, I felt this sense of calm come over me for a few minutes.  Finally, this show that has been consuming two evenings per week of my time, is over.  A few months of a break before it begins again in January.  Ahhhhh, looking forward to having my evenings free again without being glued to the TV.

2 comments:

Patience said...

Sounds like a new team building activity.... :-)

loriannlane said...

I love that we don't act our age too... what fun would that be.
I was totally thinking the same thing today- that I have less stress because I am not worried about what night it is and what show I need to watch. (I shouldn't complain I guess when that is the most stress I got huh?!)