Template

Thursday, May 12, 2011

Hannah's First Haircut

It took 3 1/2 years but Hannah finally needed a haircut.
Mostly because when her hair was just 'down' (minus any ponies or pigtails) she had a comb over thing going on.
The other night we were playing outside and the poor girl had hair in her eyes all night.  Try to get just a snapshot of the girls playing and there would be a picture of Hailey and Cousin It.
It was time.

So tonight after dinner Hannah and I headed up to Kiddo Klips in Champlin.
The whole way there Hannah told me that she wasn't scared and 'don't worry mom, I will be just fine'.


This place was so cool!
The kid chairs were planes, fire trucks, taxis, and police cars.
There was a huge wall that was a chalkboard for the kids to play with while they waited.
A train table, a doll house, handheld eletronic games, books and more.


For the bigger kids they sat in chairs that had a TV and video games.



I didn't save any of her hair.  The lady was making me feel sort of bad about it but I just couldn't convince myself for any reason why she would like to have a lock of her own hair when she gets older.  I know it's tradition and 'everybody's doin' it' but I just couldn't find the point.

She did great and although you wouldn't know (since she won't let me get an after shot) she looks adorable!

2 comments:

Jennie said...

That place looks awesome!

Kari said...

i know, those haircut places are so cool. tin was really nervous the first time (and me, too!) but as soon as he saw the tv there and they put some cartoons on, he totally forgot about the haircut thing!