Template

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Hannah, the nurse


I was out at a work dinner last night and about 1/2 way through the dinner I started feeling sick.  I was getting light headed and nauseous.  I kept making trips to the bathroom in hopes to vomit so that I would feel better.  I probably should have left the dinner early however I was nervous to be driving.  I thought if I sat for a while it would pass and I wouldn't be gambling with the possibility of messing up my new car.

I made it home, not until after 10:00 pm though.....  I went straight to bed and at 3:00 am found myself on my hands and knees in the bathroom vomiting.

Brian talked me into staying home today (thanks honey!).
Hannah woke up while Brian was in the shower and came into the bedroom.

Hannah:  "Mom, I thought you always take your shower first?"
Me:  "Not today honey, mommy is sick."
Hannah:  "You sick?!  Your tummy hurts, you puking, and have squirt poops like me last time?"
Me:  "Yes."
Hannah:  "(gasping)  I don't want to get sick again.  Move over to the other side of the bed away to me so you don't get me sick!"
I rolled over to Brian's side of the bed and turned on the TV for her.
Hannah: "I will get the temperature to check you."
She went into the cupboard, grabbed the thermometer, and climbed back into bed.
Hannah:  "OK, let's do this!"

She was happy to see that the thermometer was 'green' after the beep (signifying normal temp). 

3 comments:

Patience said...

Oh she is SO cute - I love how compassionate she is, "get over to the over side of the bed!" I think she may go into health care - she has a great bedside manner.

Jennie said...

A LITTLE suspicious, but hope you start feeling better soon!!!

Kari said...

feel better!