Template

Thursday, March 06, 2014

Homeless

This is it.  Our last night as a 'homeless family'.  (I know, far from homeless)
Tomorrow we close on our new house.
After months of planning, preparing, decision making, selling a house, moving,  and feeling displaced we are ready to take ownership of our new house.
While the girls and I were at dance Brian and his dad were busy filling the trailer and packing up our things.
I was feeling anxious all night.  I am nervous about being able to get everything moved this weekend.
Everything has been so easy that it just feels like sooner or later a bomb is gonna drop.  We have no reason to think that something is going to go wrong but you can't help but wonder if we missed something.

It's still all a little unreal to me.  I know I have said it before but I can not believe that this is really happening.
I asked the girls tonight if they were going to miss grandma and grandpa.
Hannah:  "No, but I will miss Angel."
Me:  "You aren't going to miss grandma and grandpa?"
Hannah:  "No. I can see them anytime I want."
Hailey:  "I won't miss them because I will have dreams about them all the time."


Hannah insisted on taking a picture with Angel tonight.  She has paid a ton of attention to Angel while she's been here.  She helped grandma take care of her and even though Angel doesn't look too excited about their relationship, I can assure you that she will miss Hannah too.

I can't explain the feelings that I have tonight as we go to bed.
Tomorrow we start another chapter of our lives together.   Good Night!

1 comment:

Patience said...

maybe you'll have to get a new dog for the new house....