Template

Friday, March 07, 2014

Closing Time

It was hard to sleep last night.  Both of us tossed and turned anxious to get our day started.
While I showered and got the girls ready for school, Brian and his dad loaded up my car.
I will drop the girls off then head over to the house to drop off the first official load.
After that I will meet Brian at the closing office.


In just a few short hours the papers will be signed and we will be on our way to our new home.  Even though it's happening today, it doesn't feel real.  I am so excited that it's hard to concentrate.  I can't think about anything other than moving today and getting settled during the next week while I am off work.
All I can think about it is where I am going to put my silverware.  What boxes we should unpack first.  Making the beds.  Doing laundry in our new washer. Putting down our new rugs and hanging up our new towels.  Sitting on our couches again!

I dropped off the girls and made it to the house with plenty of time to unload my car.  Kyle was here picking up the 'yard' and cleaning out the garage.  The cleaning lady pulled up just as I was leaving.  It is chilly today but not as cold as it has been.  You can almost start to smell spring in the air.  Almost.
At least there was something in the air today.

Our first load....



I didn't want to leave.  I got in the car to drive away and couldn't wait to be back.
I had an idea of where I needed to go for the closing but as I started to drive I started to second guess myself.  I wished for a red light so that I could stop to put the address in my GPS however I sailed right through every single green light.  Figures- when you want/need to stop you can't hit the red lights to save your life but if I was late or in a hurry I would have been stopped at every one.
The closing lasted a total of 40 minutes.  All of the papers were signed and copied and by 9:45 we were in our cars on our way to the house.
I pulled up to OUR house for the first time and wanted to cry.  She is beautiful!
The light brown trim should be painted the same off-white color that frames the garage and porch, the will come back to do that when it warms up.  We will also get our driveway and sidewalk sometime this spring/summer.  For now we will enjoy deal with the mud.



It's our stuff!  Well, at least the first trailer full.


Within a few hours there will be boxes, tape, furniture, TVs, toys, books, shoes, clothes, people and things everywhere.....better get a few pictures while I can.









We had help coming today starting around 11 so it was nice to see that we had gotten here with plenty of time to look around and feel a little settled before everyone started arriving.

It was such a great feeling to walk in the house and set my purse down.
Ahhhhh new house smell :-)

Brian, Shane, Troy, Denny and Tom did most of the heavy lifting.  They would hand boxes to my dad, Stacey and I and we would walk them to the rooms they belonged.  Judy ironed and hung all of the new curtains for the bedrooms and then we worked hard to get the girls rooms somewhat put together so they would have a surprise waiting for them when they got home.

Hannah's bed

Hailey's bed- not sure about that white dust ruffle
 We had a ton of great help today and we really appreciate everyone who came out! 
By early evening the guys had cleaned out our warm storage unit.  Most of our furniture was in the house and set up.  There were boxes everywhere but I expect that will be the norm around here for a while.

We got this couch from Stacey and Shane- something they had at their old house. 
It fits perfectly in the loft!


I have spent the last few weeks OBSESSED with rugs.
I mean crazy obsessed.  I have looked at 1000's of rugs.  Bathroom rugs, kitchen rugs, outdoor rugs, entryway/larger rugs. All shapes, sizes, colors and prices.

I settled on a few- the laundry room, master bathroom and first floor bathroom.
Many more to come......



Main Level Bath
 We had company until after 10:00 pm.
Stacey and Shane are planning on coming over again tomorrow to help so we called it a night pretty early not to mention we are all a little exhausted.

The girls went down very easy.  They were both SUPER excited to have their own rooms again and couldn't WAIT to sleep in their own beds.
Brian and I went into our room and after using the bathroom and climbing into bed we both commented about how it felt like being in a hotel.  Our room is HUGE compared to our old bedroom.  It feels twice the size and our furniture looks mini in there.
There was an unexplainable type of calm that was over me tonight as we went to bed.
Tomorrow will be another fun filled day of unpacking and carrying boxes- I'd better get some sleep!



1 comment:

Patience said...

Excellent Rug choices! And everything choices really! beautiful!