Template

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

There's my kid!


Hannah had another meltdown last night.  She almost didn't make it to dance due to her horrible behavior.  I had a feeling that there was something else going on so we cut her some slack and on the way to dance she broke down and told me what has been happening.
Long story short:  a boy at school has been kissing her, she keeps asking him to stop but he won't, today she had to talk with her teacher and him and he got in trouble, she feels guilty.

After she told me last night I could see a change in her behavior almost immediately.  It was almost as though she was carrying around this huge burden and once she let it out she felt so much better.
This morning the girls climbed into the car and I heard her say "Hey Hailey, wanna race to see who can buckle first?"  I rolled my eyes because I knew what was coming next.  She was going to win (because Hailey is still learning how to buckle herself, it takes her longer) and then throw it in her face all morning and call her a baby, etc.
But then I heard what came next "Oh no, you little stinker.  You are almost going to beat me.  I better hurry.  Oh no, you are so close.  Oops, I keep dropping my buckle." Then click.
"Oh Hailey!  You little.....you beat me!"  Click

I turned to smile at her and she gave me a wink and a thumbs up.

Whew!  I hope this girl sticks around for a bit!

1 comment:

Patience said...

1. Beastly boy! I'm glad she got help because that's a disturbing story. No means no.

2. Good job at identifying a larger issue! It's a good reminder for me to look for larger issues.

3. Cute story! Love the times when they see the value of pumping up their sibling!