Template

Friday, November 08, 2013

I'm Ready

I started my day with a haircut.   I was so overdue!  The last time I got my haircut was the beginning of August!  I wanted to keep it longer so I could have an updo at Jennie's wedding. 
This weekend is the Hearts at Home Conference.  The 'mom' conference that Loriann and I went to with Tammy last year.  We had a great time last year and decided we should make it an annual tradition so later today we are off for our mom's weekend.  This year we talked Karri into coming with us.  I hope she joins us again next year too!

It's gone!  Feeling a little bald but it was time!
 It takes just about two hours to get to Rochester from our house.   I enjoy road trips and the time goes by so fast when you have good friends to talk with.
 

After we checked into the hotel we met Tammy, Kathleen and Tracy for dinner.
During dinner I had gotten a text from Brian- the sold sign has been added!
 

We had a little time to walk around before the evening started.  This year the vendors were not very good.  Most of the tables were selling books.  The theme this year is No Perfect Moms and the magnets, mugs and t-shirts that went along with that theme were perfect!
 

 This evenings entertainment was Meredith Andrews, singer, and Anita Renfroe, comedian.
During the welcome the MC mentioned that she had a special guest for us.  "Our special guest plays April Keppner on Grey's Anatomy and is a new mommy herself"


What a cool surprise.  It was awesome seeing her as herself, although herself is pretty close to the character she plays on TV.  She is starring in a new movie that comes out next year- it looks good!
 

2 comments:

Patience said...

What an awesome weekend excursion! I'm glad to see you getting some time with your girlfriends!

Patience said...

PS love the haircut!