Template

Thursday, September 26, 2013

Reality sets in


More meetings with the builder and we are that much closer to our new house!

I had a little reality check today as we reviewed our plans and saw a loft where the 4th bedroom used to be.   It was a tough decision and one that I second guess a lot.  As we were determining how to best use our new square footage, we had to address the 4th bedroom upstairs.  We have been pretty sure that there will not be anymore kids for us.  As much as I would LOVE to have another, Brian is not so convinced it's a great idea.  The girls keep us pretty busy and we are starting the down slope of daycare costs.  We could keep that 4th bedroom 'in case' and just use it as a craft room for now.....sounds like a great idea to me but also pretty selfish.  Brian had a great point about the girls needing a place to 'hang out' in the morning or with their friends as they get older and within minutes the decision to turn the bedroom into a loft was made.  We will have space in the unfinished basement for another bedroom which I am hoping can be my craft room someday. 

So, although I pretty much already knew, this is the end of babies in the Parmley house.
-sniff sniff-


2 comments:

Jennie said...

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MORE BABIES! MORE BABIES! MORE BABIES!!!

Patience said...

Um, I, like Jennie, refuse to give up the dream. I think Hannah and Hailey would agree to share a room, especially if it meant that there would be another Parmley running around....