Template

Saturday, September 28, 2013

"Mommy, my earrings are hurting me yegs"


 I woke up this morning to Hailey calling out for me. 
I stumbled my way downstairs and opened her door to see what she needed. 
 "Mommy, my earrings are hurting me yegs (legs)". 

What?!  I must have heard that wrong.....

"My earrings.  They hurting me in the yeg."

It was pretty early and still dark out so I felt for her ears and sure enough they were earring-free.
I felt around in her bed and found her earrings.
I turned on the light and confirmed that yes indeed, her earrings were out of her ears.  sigh

"Buddy, what happened?!  Did you take these out?  Were you messing with them?  Were they hurting you?  What happened?"
"They just falled out."  That is her answer and she is sticking to it.

Later in the day I called Claire's to see what we do now.  The girl said that sometimes the backs are defective and they just aren't tight enough or they do just come apart.  She said it would be pretty hard for a four year old to take them out if they weren't defective.  She apologized and said if we waited 24 hours and came back they would redo them for free.

I have to admit, even though she did such a great job getting them done, I didn't think she would be willing to go back and do it again....at least not so soon.  She also didn't seem like she was too upset about it so I wasn't sure she would really want to.

We mentioned it to her and asked if she wanted to try again tomorrow and she was IN!  (this little girl is pretty amazing)

On another note......we went a little preshopping today!  We know that within the next month we are going to get a list of decisions to make from the builder and we know that tile for the bathrooms is on the list so we made a trip to Ceramic Tileworks today to look around.

Pretty sure we found our master bathroom shower tile!
I absolutely LOVE the look of this tile. 







1 comment:

Patience said...

Wow, she is amazing! Violet had a couple of immunizations and now refuses to go to the doctor ever again. Pretty sure she wouldn't be as brave as Hailey!

LOVE that shower!