Template

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Dance 2013

 

It's that time of year again!  Dance class starts tonight!  Last year we tried to get Hailey to dance but she was not having it.  Hannah made it through the year and there was nothing to think about when the season started up again, she was dancing.  Hailey talked about it all summer and when it came time to register she was sure that she was going to dance this time.
The day is here, their class starts tonight and during dinner I reviewed the plan: everyone needs to eat, then potty break, then get dressed, then we leave, Hailey's class first, then Hannah's class, then home for a jammies, treat, bed.
Hailey started to pull back a little bit and expressed her feelings about dance this year.  She didn't want to do dance class.  Aw man!  We almost made it...
I pretended I didn't hear her but she continued to repeat it until I acknowledged.
"OK, tell you what buddy.  Let's try two times.  If you try dance class two times and still don't want to dance we can be done.  Can you try two times?"
She agreed with the plan and after dinner she got into her dance outfit.
That's all it took.  The minute that outfit went on she started spinning and would not stop talking about dance.


As we were driving up to the school she spotted the street we needed to turn on and yelled out "There's my dance class place mom!"

When we got inside she was greeted by Caylee, a girl from Hannah's class last year.  Their class was beginning to start and when Kayla, their teacher, came to get them they walked right in.
She. Never. Looked. Back.

I was expecting the door to open and her teacher to bring her to me.....nope, didn't happen.
About 5 minutes after class started I got up to peek inside.  I was expecting to see her standing in the corner with a nervous look on her face.  Instead I saw this-

I'd be lyin if I said a tear didn't fall
 At the end of class we were allowed to come in to see the dance that they have been working on so far.  She stood in her line and danced!  What a big girl!
It amazes me to see how much she has BUSTED out of her shell over the past year!

Hannah was super happy to see Olivia and Ivy in her class again this year and I was really happy to reconnect with the other dance moms!  The season is off to a great start :-)




2 comments:

Jennie said...

LOVE IT! Such cute pics :-)

Patience said...

Love the pictures! Your girls are going to be dancing queens!