Template

Wednesday, September 04, 2013

Kin-der-garten! Kin-de-rgarten!

The chants started this morning as soon as we stepped outside.
Kin-der-garten!  Kin-der-garten!


Hannah on her FIRST day of school.
School:  Champlin Brooklyn Park Academy
Teacher:  Ms. Stauffenecker

When she grows up she wants to be: a artist teacher and a mom
Favorite things to do:  scrapbook, go to the cabin, ride her scooter, color
Most looking forward to:  making new friends and being in school


She wanted one more picture in front of her school.
She was dropped off at A+ this morning and as much as I wanted to walk her to her classroom this first day, it was important to me that she got into the swing of what life will be like for her this year.
We got her settled and as I was turning around to leave, the tears started to come.  I was able to hold most of them in- it helped knowing how excited she was! 


I was so excited to pick her up tonight.  So excited that as I was getting off the freeway I realized that I was so early that her school hadn't even let out yet.  School goes until 3:55 and it was only 3:40.  I texted Brian and let him know I would get Hailey too so after a trip to Target I picked up Deuce and we were off to get our school girl.  We checked into the A+ room and they called for her.
We waited a few minutes and then she turned the corner.  She looked worried and upset (oh no!).
She ran over to me and before I could give her a hug or ask how her day was she showed me a huge blister that was on her hand.  Looks like someone was having a little too much fun showing off on the monkey bars today.....ouch!
While walking to the car I got a chance to ask her how her day was and in between the 'My hand hurts' she responded with 'Awesome.".


When we got home we found some anti-bacterial ointment and a bandage.  We got her all wrapped up and then she wanted to spend some time relaxing on the couch.
As soon as she sat she made a comment about how she couldn't get her socks and shoes off.  Hailey went running to her and peeled her sweaty socks and shoes off.  What a sweetie!


1 comment:

Patience said...

Seriously, those are the two cutest girls in the world!! Congrats to Hannah!! Violet LOVES Hannah's backpack!