Template

Sunday, June 23, 2013

Runaway Boat



Ahhhh, what a beautiful morning.
The yard is still wet and thanks to the rain last night there are now puddles everywhere but it's wonderful looking down to the lake and seeing green everywhere.
WAIT!  Where is the new boat?!

My mom noticed it first- "the boat is gone!"
I encouraged her to put her glasses on and look again, the girls were snuggling on my lap and I didn't want to get excited and break this snugglefest just because she couldn't see.
She got her glasses and panicked again- 'the boat is gone!"

I turn around to get a look myself and sure enough, the boat is gone.
Hannah and I ran down to the dock to see if we could see anything.
The boat lift will still high but there was no boat on it.  Hmmm, if someone stole it, they not only lowered the boat to get it in the water but then they rose the lift to make it look like they didn't take it (that's a lot of work for a thief).  I looked to the left, no boat.  There were some boats on the shore but none of them were ours.  I looked to my right and nothing.
Although.....there was a boat in the middle of the lake by the island that wasn't moving.  It had a solid patch of color that maybe could have resembled a boat cover- we are going to need to get a closer look.  By this time Brian had been woken up and my mom was still pacing the cabin.  We grabbed a set of binoculars and confirmed that our boat had made a run for it and was floating out in the lake all by it's lonesome.
Apparently the rain last night rose the water just enough to release the boat into the wild.
My mom and Brian woke the neighbors and the boat rescue began.
By the time the neighbor got his boat and they made their way to the island the boat had moved and was found on shore, across the lake by the supper club.
Hope she had fun on her little adventure because I am pretty sure she is going to get tied and locked up from now on.

1 comment:

Patience said...

Talk about an exciting morning! Who knew that boats could be so adventurous on their own!