Template

Thursday, June 13, 2013

"Best. Day. Ever."

Today was Hannah's first day at Adventures Plus.
I have felt sick all week.  Excited for this day but also dreading it a little bit.
I was nervous.  REAL nervous.
I was not nervous about her.  I knew she was going to do great.
I am just nervous and worried about whether or not she will be safe, will she like it here, will she make friends, will she eat ok, will she know where the bathroom is, will she tell someone if she needs something....do I really need to go on?!
 

She was sad to leave Jackie's but she is SUPER excited to start doing her own thing.
She is super happy that her new daycare is at school and she is excited to be with kids her age.

We went to an open house last night and got the low-down.  Bring a change of clothes, sunscreen, water bottle, pillow, and blanket. They told us all about things they would plan to do and when, gave us the lunch menu, showed us how to check in and pick up and informed us about the daily schedule that would be available each day.  Nice to see each day- especially when you are getting ready to pick up, you can see where they plan to be and then plan accordingly.


Brian picked her up tonight and by the time I got home she was sitting on a chair in the driveway.
She didn't get up and come running over to the car like most days.  Nope- she just sat in the chair, perked up a little bit and gave me a smile "Hi momma'.
Me:  "Buddy!  How was your day?!"
Hannah:  "It was awesome (said with a little giggle/breath between each word).  Best. Day. Ever."

She was exhausted.

Tonight is also the 2nd night of T-ball.   Hannah is on the blue team this time.


Tonight the weather was perfect!  Hailey and I sat on a blanket watching Hannah and her new teammates warm up.  You can see from this picture how serious they all are about this game.  I kinda love that my kid is the only one is 'ready position' waiting for the ball.  I love her focus and interest.
 

They had their first 'game' tonight.
'Games' consist of all players batting, no one gets out, you can only run one base with each hit and the last batter is always a home run.  Tonight Hannah played first base their first time in the field.
 

I brought my MyChart workbook to read tonight.  I have my certification test in the morning and have not done any studying yet.  Hailey grabbed my book and started paging through it. Then she looked up at me and with the most serious face ever said "Mom, I don't want you to be a punch momma."
Me: "What?"
Hailey:  "I don't want you to be a punch momma.
Yep- that's what I heard....I started thinking in my head about what could possibly be going on.  Did a friend of hers tell her that her mom punches her?  Did she see another kid get punched by her mom? Better get some more information

Me: "Hailey, honey.  What is a punch momma?"
Hailey:  "I don't want you to learn punching.  Like here in your book."

LOL!!! Whew!
 During the game we noticed a little girl sitting near us with her mom.
Hailey started to wave to her and she waved back.
The next time I turned my head to see if the girl was paying attention to Hailey and to assess whether or not I should help this relationship along I see this....she had moved her chair closer and was facing us directly.

Hailey: "What's you name?"
Girl: "Lexy"
Hailey: "Hi Lexy"
Hailey: "Mom, how old is she?"
Me: "Lexy, how old are you?"
Lexy: "I'm three"
Hailey looks at me and in the sassiest way possible says "Is she free an a half?"
Lexy (overheard her asking me): "Yes!"


Hannah was up to bat so I stood up to get a picture (none turned out too good because she hit too soon and I was late to get a good shot) and when I turned to walk back to the blanket I see this...
 

How adorable!

1 comment:

Patience said...

Sounds like Hannah mastered the transition! And how cute, Hailey has a new friend! Love the punch momma!!