Template

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Moving on


 

Today is Hannah's last day at Jackie's.  On Thursday she will start her new school care program called Bound.  This is an Adventures Plus program but just for Pre-K kids.  It's a way to transition them into Adventures Plus and prepare them for school.  Starting in the school year Hannah will be going to A+ for before and after school.  Jackie would be closed by the time the bus would drop her off and we couldn't guarantee to be home everyday by that time when the bus comes through our neighborhood- this way is much safer.  This way she can transition into her new daycare and then when school starts she will only have that transition to work through.  I am not really worried about her being able to transition but at least this way it feels like not too much all at one time.
She has been going to Jackie's since she was a a few months old and has loved it there.
Her favorite things about Jackie's were the art projects, going to the park, meeting friends, when Jackie let her feed the babies and her favorite thing about Jackie was that she was a good person.


 Hannah made her this card and brought a special treat for the other kids.


I have been feeling sick about this day.  Everytime I think about it I get a lump in my throat.  It's so hard to imagine that someday our morning routine of driving and dropping off to Jackie's will be over.  She has been so good to my girls and has taught them so much.  We have been so lucky to have her in our 'village'.    It has made it easier that Hailey is still there- we are not saying goodbye forever and Hannah comes with me every morning to drop Hailey off so she still sees her friends and Jackie every morning which also helps....for both of us :-)
 

I asked Hannah to say cheese for her picture and she raised her hands and yelled "NEW DAYCARE!"
Think she might be a little excited :-)

2 comments:

Jennie said...

Aw, that is the sweetest to document her favorite things about Jackie's!

Patience said...

Dude, I'm getting a lump in my throat just reading about it! Such bittersweet moments! I'm glad Hannah doesn't seem to be having any issue with it!