Template

Saturday, June 01, 2013

Happy Birthday and Congratulations!

 Our day started with Morgan's Birthday party- she turned 4.

 The girls were so excited to be there and Morgan loved having them there.
As soon as they saw her they all waved goodbye to me and they were off.





Morgan didn't want to go in the ticket blaster by herself so Hannah went in with her.  As soon as the air started and they were suppose to collect tickets they just stood there looking at each other giggling.  They were let out and before anyone could talk to them about it, they were off again, enjoying their kid-freedom.  I do have to admit that although it makes me a little nervous to let them just run around, I love that Chuck E Cheese makes a very good effort at assuring that no kid gets lost.  They stamp your hands with invisible ink when you get there and the only way to leave is to have your hand checked to make sure the kids you are taking with you have the same set of numbers stamped on their arms.  Because of this there are always staff parked at the door so at the very least kids can not get out without you.  


 Hailey wanted to hang out with me for a little while and as we were walking around she decided she wanted to climb in this playland thing.  She kicked off her shoes and started her climb to the top.
I was nervous watching her go- she can get very shy at times and there were a lot of kids up there.
I was nervous that she would get started and then someone might talk to her and she may want to get out- like NOW, or what if she gets lost?!  It's not like it's that confusing to find your way but what if?  There is always a chance that something could go wrong and it's my job as the mom to think of those things and be prepared for the worst.



 I thought I had a pretty good eye on where she was going until I she was out of my sight.  I tried to look around in the tunnels above to see if I could see something when she started to call out "Mommy!  Hi-O (hello)!"  (she was happy- whew!)





She found her way to the slide and then spent the next 10-15 minutes climbing up and sliding down.


Brian went to the cabin this weekend to start working on the deck demolition so we were on our own for dinner.  Kimmy graduates from grad school tomorrow and we aren't going to be able to make it so we decided to see if she was free tonight so we could take her out to celebrate.
We met Kim and Jennie at Benihana for dinner to enjoy some shrimp and shrimp sauce.






 CONGRATULATIONS KIM!
What a great accomplishment!






1 comment:

Patience said...

Sounds like a GREAT day! Congratulations to Kim