Template

Friday, February 01, 2013

Treat Bags


I got a text from Hannah while I was on my way home the other night.
It read "Please stop and get me some little boxes of raisins"

She had gotten the idea in her head a few days ago that she should bring a treat to Jackie's for the kids.  She thought about it for a few minutes and brainstormed a few ideas until she settled on raisin.  I am not sure where she got that idea from but I was actually glad to hear that it was something on the healthier side. 

I stopped at Target and picked up little boxes of yogurt covered raisins.  The girls sat on the couch for about an hour tying curling ribbon to each box as they talked about who they thought would want that particular one.  

There was an extra bounce in her step as she carried her bag of treats into Jackie's.
I couldn't help but feel warm inside.  I love that Hannah thinks about others and I love her generosity.  I hope she stays this way forever.

1 comment:

Patience said...

Oh she is SO your daughter! How thoughtful and spends extra time to make the presentation perfect. This would be me: I should bring treats, run to the store, buy something, plop it down (in it's store wrapping) on the counter. There you go. :-)