Template

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree


Yep- that's my kid.
She is a ball of constant motion.  She is jittery and bouncy.
She can't just sit still and watch her iPad, she needs to be picking something, biting something or fiddling with something.  It's annoying to watch but it's hard to get mad- cause I get it.
I hate watching her bite her nails.  That was a nasty nasty habit that I had for soooo many years and it was very hard to stop.  I hope she shakes this.  I wish I knew what to do to make/help her stop.

4 comments:

jodic said...

there is a product they carry at target, no thum or something like that. you paint it on their nails like polish, but it has a peppery taste too it. i have been using it with kendall to try & get her to stop sucking her thumb (doesn't always work, she will actually put up with the peppery taste so that she can suck her thumb still)! maybe worth a shot!~

Kari said...

Hard to say - I still bite mine and barely realize...

Gotta get her to kick it now, though. With Agustin we just swatted his hands away (gently) over and over and over and over. They say it takes 21 days to kick a habit so it might take some time, just be as consistent as possible.

Sometimes doing my nails helps, but I have to keep them up or as soon as they start to peel I go back to it...
Not sure about the peppery stuff either - I'd just put up with the taste, too, although if she wants to stop, it might help her remember - I know a lot of it is simply the habit and like I said, I often don't even realize I'm doing it...

Kari said...

Just thought of another idea...maybe clipping her nails a lot (like every other day) will keep them low enough and not give those rough edges that are so tempting to bite off.

Patience said...

How about a different approach - teach her how to crochet and maybe that would keep her hands busy....