Template

Monday, February 25, 2013

Mrs. Parmley's Class

 The girls and I decided to play school tonight.
They packed their backpacks full of activity books and sat at their desks waiting for class to begin.
We started by making name tags.

Each girl was given an assignment in their book.

Circle the emotion that you would feel.




Me:  "Ummm, Hannah- Why would you be happy if your kite was in a tree?"
Hannah:  "Because I know that you would come and help me get it out."
Me: "Why would you be happy if you dropped your cake?"
Hannah:  "Because I like to help and if I dropped my cake I would get to pick it up and be helpful."

OK....can't really argue with those explanations and I guess I love the fact that she wants to be happy in all of the pictures.

Up next:  Circle what you hear



Me: "Ummm, Hannah- a flower?"
Hannah:  "Yes!  It's a magical flower.  She can sing and dance just like the magical flowers in Dora's show."
Me:  "Ok, well, then how about this book?  Can you hear a book?"
Hannah:  "Oh yeah.  Of course.  The pages make noise when you turn them."

Well, I guess she told me!
A+


2 comments:

Kari said...

Oh that's hilarious! Put her in a Montessori school, though - I don't think the teachers will like those ideas and they will squash her creativity! ;)

Patience said...

Dude - that is brilliant! You can tell she's your child and an expert at thinking outside of the box - all of her explanations made perfect sense. It wasn't just her circling things for no reason....