Template

Friday, November 09, 2012

Road Trip

For the past few years Tammy has been talking about this Mom conference that she attends in the fall.  It's a called Hearts at Home.  Each year when she talks about it I think "hmmm, that sounds interesting' so this year when she was talking about it I invited myself along :-)  Of course I didn't have to convince her or twist her arm- she was thrilled!
Jenny, Tricia and Loriann were also interested so a few months ago we signed up and today we leave for Rochester.


I met Loriann in Woodbury and we were off.  We decided to make a day of it and head there earlier than everyone else.  We would get settled in the hotel, look around the city, and take in some shopping.  We met the rest of the group around 3:00 at Applebee's- the one NOT by the mall :-)
 
There were 12 of us all together- I believe 7 of us were first timers.
 

Friday night was a Mom's Night Out event.
321 Improv performed and they were hiliarious!
3 guys performing improv in front of 3,000 women...by the end of the night my cheeks hurt from smiling and laughing so much.

There was a shopping area set up so we spent an hour or so roaming around and checking things out.  We all got our 'fashion color' assessed.  I was categorized as a DEEP and was VERY happy to see that the color black was on that color swatch!
 
Loriann's brother lives in Rochester so we met up with him for a few drinks.
 
Before I left this morning the girls asked if we could take a picture.  They wanted something to look at while I was gone.  So, Hannah got her camera out and had Brian snap a picture.  Then she let me know it was my turn and we snapped this one.
 

2 comments:

Kari said...

Sounds like fun. A girls' road trip would be awesome!

jodic said...

might have to invite myself next year! I know some of those girls, too! :) you girls always find the neatest things to do!