Template

Monday, November 05, 2012

Good Enough?

 
Looking at the two pictures above can you tell which one is Hannah's and which one is Hailey's?
 
OK, maybe it's more obvious than I joke about but seriously?!  This. Is. Me.
And it scares me- sort of.
 
When I pulled these sheets out of their bag I had a flashback to elementary school.
 
Me:  "Hannah- did you color this?"
Hannah:  "Yes.  And I drew those number 5's, look at that one it looks really good."
Me:  "Yeah, that 5 is awesome but let's talk about this coloring.  Is this really how you color?"
Hannah: "No."
Me:  "I know you can color in the lines and better than this.  What's up?"
Hannah:  "It takes too long and just want to get it done so I can play with something else."
 
I remember being just like this when I was younger.  Well...who am I kidding?!  I am still like this.  I was never one to really care about the quality of the assignment.  If I wasn't passionate about what I was doing I worked to get things done- not done well.    Can I color in the lines?  YEP- perfectly if I really wanted to but I do feel like it was ever important to do everytime I colored?  Nope.  Never.  Especially if you were asking me to color a bunch of worms.   I was never one to get raving reviews on assignments and was NEVER complimented on my handwriting skills.   I couldn't even count the number of times I heard "She has so much potential if she would just apply herself".....ya think this is my kid?
 
I think so.
 
Gonna be an interesting time when she starts school.
 
P.S.  Maybe this coloring is actually pretty decent for a 5 year old and in that case I apologize to the other 5 year olds but Hannah can do better than this.  This was a scribble job and she knew it.

4 comments:

Kari said...

This is Nico, too. He hasn't got the attention (like Andres). Tin is of course more like me. Can't take the idea of disappointing someone. "I'm sorry to disappoint you, Mommy". I hear that a lot and it makes me sad but I really think its just the way he is (obviously more like me).

Jennie said...

I USED to care..way more than I do now. Not sure what that means, but there ya have it.

Jennie said...

Kari--the thought of Agustin saying that to you..breaks MY heart :-/

Patience said...

Well, at least you'll know when she's interested! Good coloring I say.