Template

Thursday, March 08, 2012

Lesson: You've GOTTA restrict

Lesson to ALL parents, iPad a'nd iPhone users

Go into your settings and set restrictions requiring you to enter your password with EVERY App Store purchase.
I installed a game for the kids.  Within that game there are options to 'buy up' additional things.  You can buy extra tokens, money, more bonus rounds.  Most of the time these in-app purchases are 99 cents or $2.99.  I have seen a few as high as $4.99 but this one actually took my breath away when I looked over at the screen that Hannah was tapping away at.  YIKES!


Whew!  Good thing I already have the restrictions set.
Can you imagine if I allowed In App purchases without requiring a password??!!

1 comment:

Patience said...

Those little beasties are so smart - making purchases without a second thought! I think you may need to put a lock on your wallet...