Template

Friday, March 09, 2012

Hiway Robbery...literally

It's hard to stomach the trip to the pump these days.


I don't know what the solution is but I can tell you that something needs to happen.
When I first started driving when I was 16 gas was 98 cents per gallon.  I remember filling up for less than $10.  Over the years the prices have increased but I doubt that this can continue.
If it does, our kids could potentially be expected to pay $7-$8 per gallon by the time they are grown up.

How in the world do we fix this?
Are electric cars or fuel substitutes the answer?
I hope someone can get this figured out...

2 comments:

Patience said...

I would like to feel sorry for you, really I would. But gas here is $4.42 a gallon. Interestingly, we spend the same on gas here as we did when we lived there and gas was just under $3 a gallon. This is the benefit of having a 2 mile commute and being able to walk to half of the sites I support. :-)

Jennie said...

It is sickening...and I would like more of an explanation to why they go up as they do. "Tension in the middle east" or whatever stupid excuse it is that they always give ...and why does it always seem to get especially bad when Spring/Summer rolls around? Hmmmm...could it just be as simple as, more people out driving= more $$ in the pigs' pockets? :-P