Template

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Don't answer that

I went back to work today after being off since last Tuesday.  The girls went to Grandma Judy's.
Brian was working late so I was home alone most of the day.

Is it crazy that as I sit here I am actually thinking about going into their rooms to smell their sheets?

Don't answer that....

On the way to Grandma's this morning we turned to the street where you could see their house and Hailey yelled out from the backseat "Mom!  Blue eyes.  Mack (match)!"
Yep, Grandma Judy has blue eyes, just like her.

 (pictures taken using the photobooth app on the iPad)



I called to check on them earlier.

Me:  "Hi Hannah!  You being good for Grandma?"
Hannah: "Yep."
Me:  "I love you and miss you.  Are you missing me a little bit?"
Hannah:  "No.  I'm not missing you even a little bit.  Not at all.  Why did you call me?"
Me:  "Well, I was just calling to check on you and see how you are doing, if you needed me.."
Hannah: "Well, I don't need you and I am not coming home today.  I'll come home another day but not today.  Maybe tomorrow.  Now, can you talk to Hailey while I talk to grandma about something?  Here Hailey sweetie...."

Don't get me wrong....I LOVE that they love to be at grandma's.  But not at all...?



1 comment:

Patience said...

Oh, that's a moment that turns any mother's heart! She won't even know how she tortured you until she has kids of her own...