Template

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Chow Time!


9 months later and Hannah is still in love with having a little sister.
Lately she has wanted to help out by feeding Hailey.
She actually does a pretty decent job and even though things get a little messy, they both seem to think that the set up works just fine.
It is so nice to have such a 'little- big helper' but at the same time instead of taking the opportunity to get something done, I find myself sitting by and soaking it all in.

 I spend every moment of their supper-time interaction watching them watch each other. 

I watch them communicate - watching how Hannah talks to Hailey and encourages her to keep eating. 

I watch Hannah get so excited that her sister is eating and so proud that she was the one that was there to put the food in her mouth. 



I watch as Hannah uses the spoon to clean up the food from Hailey's chin.

I watch and I realize that somewhere along the way I must have done something right to have raised a little girl who is so willing to help others.  A little girl who isn't finding a way to take attention away from her sister but actually gives it to her.  A little girl who speaks to her sister with words of encouragement and love. 

It melts my heart and makes me so proud to be their mother.

3 comments:

Jennie said...

Sisters are the BEST!!!!! Way to go Hannah Banana--keep it up!

Kari said...

how can she be anything but with a mommy like you? :) definitely a family of helpers. you'll have to have another one so Hailey can practice on someone. someone other than Soda and Baby, that is.

Chris Miller said...

Amy, you have done an awesome job and you should be proud to be their mother. They are so special. I am very proud to be their grandma, too!