Template

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Nobody ever said it was easy

My 2nd blog book has arrived!


It was Lindsay's Birthday party this evening- can you believe she is 10?!
I brought my new book to show Stacey and Joyce.
There were a few others there that got interested in the book and sat down to page through it.
"Whoa- you have a lot of time on your hands...."

Not really sure why but that comment kinda made me upset....
I know they didn't mean anything by it and by no means meant to be rude but it bothered me.

First of all, no.  I don't have a lot of time on my hands.
Yes. This takes time but it also isn't something that takes hours and hours.
It could be a few minutes a day or 30 minutes to 'catch up'.  I never really get that far behind that it takes me days to catch up.  Even if it did- it's worth it.

Secondly, sometimes I don't have time and sometimes those few minutes take days to find but the point is, I make the time.  I make time to assure that I leave something behind.  To assure that my children knew how important they are and what amazing little people they were.

These books are the COOLEST!  The 2010 book (black) is about 193 pages and was around $87.  The 2011 book (pink) is around 298 pages and was $121.  I thought twice about posting the price of the books but then thought that might be interesting someday.  Both books are hard cover with color pictures inside.
The 'making of the book' is extremely easy- go online, put in your details, preview and order.  5-7 days later the book is at your doorstep.





3 comments:

Jennie said...

Can't wait to order mine (someday haha, since it is taking me a while)

And I'm glad you mentioned that that comment kind of upsets you--I get the SAME thing and I have loads more time for stuff like this then you do so I can only imagine. But you're right--you MAKE time for it. And your girls will appreciate these so much one day! :-)

**p.s. Not to mention, I always want to repond to the 'You must have so much time on your hands' with 'not really, I just do this while you're watching hours of {fill in the blank} tv shows'...

Kari said...

That comment actually made me upset, too. I am sure there are all kinds of people out there who think they spend their time "better". I don't know why they think "better" is watching tv or who knows what. (I agree with Jennie!) I think the comment bothers me so much because, as an avid reader, people have always said this to me growing up. It makes me angry that reading and writing and recording memories is a "waste of time". Anyways, I guess I am used to it by now. But it still irks me a bit.

Patience said...

Okay, first of all, LOVE the books and love that you post the price (because now I know what to expect when I get around to "publishing" my posts.) And why would I do that? Because creating memories is priceless - both in time and money.

Secondly, I have to agree with your dear sisters. That comment is appalling. I occasionally receive that type of comment when talking about exercise. "Five days a week for an hour a day? I don't have time for that." To which, I reply, "You know, I find you make the time for your priorities. And being healthy is a priority for me. So yeah, it means that I get up at 5:30 am twice a week to make it happen when I would rather be sleeping, but that's because I make the time for it." Likewise, creating a precious book of memories for my children is a priority. And that is what I think you should say next time - "Oh, not really, but I find that people make the time for their priorities, and creating this priceless record of my daughters' childhood is definitely a priority for me!" Smile sweetly and walk away.