Template

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Bob-O

Today is Uncle Bob's Birthday.





I was thinking about how unfair we all are sometimes.

Spend an afternoon with my family and you will hear people nagging him, telling him what to do, and complaining about what he's not doing that we think he should be doing.
"Why are you wearing that?  Why did you do that?  Why don't you get up and do ____? Go help ___ do _____. "  You get the picture.

The truth is, Bob does a lot for us that he doesn't get credit for.
Sure, I could talk about all of the times that he has fixed things but I am talking about something more important than that.

For me, Bob gives me comfort.  Knowing that he is with my grandma keeping her company and watching over her is very comforting.  Knowing that he is with her at all times makes me worry less about her.  If she were to fall, get sick or need something, he is there.
All those weekend trips to the cabin she has company.  Their relationship is pretty special and it's pretty rude of any of us to walk into their 'system' and try to change it.  Grandma doesn't complain at all about how much he does and actually talks about how much he helps her and you know, she's right.  He gives her so much more than any of us do.
He might not clean up after the dog or jump off the couch to help do the dishes but when we all leave he has the most important job at all.

Thanks for always being there Bob!  Keep up the good work!
Happy Birthday to you- 62 years young!

3 comments:

Kari said...

Well said! No one could say it better. Thank you. I wanna give that guy a big hug now :)

Jennie said...

Kari took the words out of my mouth--so again, well said! :-)

Patience said...

That was a lovely post!