Template

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Let There Be Holes

I have been anxious to start decorating.   I have been purchasing things here and there since before we moved in and have yet to hang one thing.  I guess I am afraid that I will make a mistake and hate what I have chosen.  Maybe I am rushing it.  If I just waited until 'next season' I could see if the styles are going to change and then could get something really nice.  I keep thinking that maybe I should look at more stuff.  I haven't been to every store.  I have only skimmed some of the websites.
Am I suppose to match each room, should there be a theme?  Can one room have black accents and another room have brown?  How do I do this?  How do people make it look so easy?!
I started by making some brown bag templates of each of the items that I have to hang.  I saw on Pinterest that you should get a good idea of the size of the items to assure you have the right spacing, etc.  Brilliant!  So, I made some templates and started to lay stuff out on the floor.
Only trouble is.....I couldn't bring myself to do it.

While I was in the office trying to convince myself it would be ok I heard pounding from the other room.  I walked into the kitchen to see that Brian had wasted no time on his project.
We decided that there should be a TV above the door and during the build phase we put a cable jack there for that reason.  
Tonight it happened.  Yay Brian!



No comments: