Template

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

6:04 am

Mornings are getting more and more difficult.
These poor girls need to wake up so early so that they can get to daycare early so I can still get to work at a decent time.
We wake them around 6/6:15 when I am done getting ready and then usually leave the house between 6:30 and 7:00.  
Lately it has been harder and harder to get them up.  They are obviously tired and not getting enough sleep and then when I do wake them they don't want to take any part in getting themselves dressed and ready to go.  For the past few months, I spend 20 minutes wrestling them, yelling, and sweating trying to get them up and ready to go.  I hate it.

I was at Target last night and decided to see how things would go if I got Hannah an alarm clock.  She's old enough to try it out.  She likes to be treated like she's growing up so maybe if I give her a little independence it would work in my favor.  Worth a shot at least.

When I got home and showed her what I had bought she was super excited.  She thought the idea to get herself up was a really good idea and she was ready.  So, we set the alarm for 6:04 am and then walked through how it would sound when it went off and how she could either hit the snooze button or turn the alarm off.  We set a goal of only hitting snooze one time and only if she really really needed to.  We picked out her clothes, I kissed her goodnight and then we waited.....


Her alarm went off today and instead of screaming from the surprise (which I honestly thought would happen) I heard a little girl making little noises in her room.  A few minutes later she came out dressed and ready to go.  OOH MY MG!  I LOVE THIS THING!!!
She had no problems and after we talked about how it went we agreed that we should keep this up.

1 comment:

Patience said...

LOVE the things that make life easier! I'm kind of jealous of the fun colors on the alarm clock!